Thursday, May 21, 2009

8th Grade Graduation


Oh, its been too long. I've been too busy messing around with facebook! Tayler graduated from 8th grade last night and out of 270 8th graders, she was 1 of 31 to maintain a 4.0 GPA the entire year. I was so proud of her last night when she got her award. That is an amazing feat! I told her if she keeps it up for 4 more years she will get a full-ride scholarship to ASU, U of A, or NAU or really any other college she chooses. The other part I have to brag about is that she does ALL her homework and projects herself. I do not help her at all. I know a lot of parents sit and do homework with their kids which gives them an advantage, but she truly earned this herself. She will be more prepared for college where the parent can't do homework for you. She is taking 2 online classes through the High School this summer so she can get out of school early to do homework before gym. So she gets 4 days off before its back to hitting the books. I am so proud of you Tayler!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Tayler! Good job! I can't believe you will be in 9th grade.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tayler you are awesome!! I can't believe that you got a 4.0 with all the time and hard work you put in at gym. That is really neat! Keep it up! We love you tons! Did you get the girl's letters!

    ReplyDelete